Dr. C., as a writing coach, serves as a human metaphor of a sunrise for writers, writing teachers, & parents who want to help their children understand grammatical rules as well as how to develop their prose and poetry.
MANA Gives back: MANA will donate 10% of all fees to its designated charity of 2015—The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America!
What qualifies her as a writing coach?
- B.A. in English from the Univ. of Michigan
- Studied at the Univ. of Sheffield, England, taking Education courses & performing student teaching responsibility; also, she performed her student teaching in Ann Arbor, MI
- M.A. in English-Education from the Univ. of Michigan
- Ph.D. in Education (Curriculum and Instruction) from the Univ. of Michigan, doctoral work focusing on teaching English Composition to Deaf College Students
- Supervisor of Student Teachers
- High School English Teacher
- College English Teacher (for over thirty-five years)
- Owner/Publisher of Two Publishing Companies (for over twenty-three years)
- Editor and/or Contributor to Three Books
- Author of Four Books with another one coming out in the Fall, Grammar/Mechancs/Punctuation Only Handbook
- Passionately in Love with Teaching
- Passionately in Love with Writing
- Passionately in Love with Supporting Writers, Writing Teachers, & Devoted Parents
- Most definitely, Passionately in Love with Life!
In the Winter of 2015, she became a blogger. Her blogs detail her experiences teaching/coaching writers. The results, within sixteen weeks, is the publication, Community College Students’ Literary Collage, a compilation of children’s and adult short stories, poems, and short plays.
What do you get working with MANA’s Writing Coach, Dr. C.?
A year’s membership for $500 with Dr. C. provides the following:
- The opportunity to share work with Dr. C. and receive professional supportive suggestions;
- The opportunity, if one does wish, to share work with other members;
- General informational podcasts for members that address writing needs;
- Customized podcasts that address an individual’s writing needs;
- Customized podcasts that explain every grammatical/punctuation inquiry;
- Get significant discounts on any book on the MANA website;
Anyone who registers for these coaching services receives the Publishing/Marketing Online Course, “From Writer’s Block to Conference Exhibitor “ —FOR FREE!
Are you REALLY serious about wanting continuous personal, professional guidance with your writing? Then, it is time to move from the “I wish I had the time to develop my skills” to “I will” with MANA’s Dr. C!